How to curtail downtime on a production splash?
1. Make the production line use just contained by time parts delivery.
2. Do a repetitive motion study to see if there are encyclopaedia steps that can be streamlined. The idea is not speed, but consistency. This will mean the worker can increase output short feeling that he is working any harder.
3. Look for bottlenecks in the assembly dash.
4. If the production line runs on shifts, look at how the shift changeovers work, you can probably shave some time wasted contained by the overlap.
5. If the production line is automated, take a look at anything is used to ensure the timing is synchronized between all the steps in the column.
6. Check out the maintenance schedules. Bad continuation will cause random breaks and stoppages, and this will screw beside your throughput.
It is not clear if you are connected with a production line, and this is a indisputable situation. Since you have not said, I must give a generic answer.
1. You call for to have a solid market for the product. If you can't get rid of your output, you will need to shut down at times.
2. You will need to find pious reliable sources for your components. Today, 'just in time' delivery of parts is adjectives, so transportation of components is also important.
3. You will need to hire team with good work traditions and good health so you are not messed up by lots of absenteeism.
4. You requirement to pay sufficiently to keep worthy employees once you find them.
5. You will need direction with real society skills, as opposed to threats and coercion, so you can keep moral employees and motivate them to high activities.
6. You will need some sort of medical staff, such as registered nurses to monitor and aid in dealing beside health problems of employees.
7. You will necessitate to have a training program, not only to hold on to enough employees when some quit for multiple reasons, but you will also need to own a number of employees who are cross-trained for critical job so an absentee doesn't shut down your line. In the factory where on earth I worked, we had higher remunerated employees working at higher job, but they were also legally required to know how to fill in for missing workforce at a moment's notice.
8. You will need industrial engineers aware with all aspects of production and product design, so they can immediately solve any unexpected problems.